Enabling people, teams and businesses to thrive
Hi I am Lou Harris, founder of Growth and Change.
I have worked within Housing, Human Resources and Education for over 20 years. I have held a range of executive and non-executive roles at national and regional levels including board membership of a Housing Association and Council member for the Chartered Institute of Housing. Most recently I worked as a Managing Director of a Training Company where I led and managed all strategic and operational delivery including business growth, contract management, regulatory compliance and business transformation. I have also held a wide range of Leadership roles within Housing including Director of Operations, Director of Community Sustainment, Employment and Wellbeing and Director of Social Responsibility. I have always been passionate about empowering people to thrive and have been lucky that my career has provided me with the opportunity to do what I love. Growth and Change continues to do this and deliver its vision “Enabling people, teams and businesses to thrive”. Our ethos is based on collaboration to ensure sustainability in change.
Qualifications and Professional membership
I am qualified in both Housing and Human Resources after completing a Postgraduate Diploma In Housing at Salford University and the Institute of Personnel and Development Diploma. I am a qualified Coach and Mental Health First Aid Instructor. I am also a member of the following professional bodies:
- Fellow member of Chartered Institute of Housing
- Corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
I have worked with people, teams and organisations in the following ways:
- Training – Developed and delivered training to leaders and managers in a variety of areas including leadership, resilience, coaching and mental health first aid.
- Strategy and business development – Worked with organisations to develop and support their strategic approaches for example Wellbeing and Mental Health.
- Evaluation – Worked with organisations to review and evaluate the impact of initiatives and projects.
- People Development – Worked with people to enable them to gain insight and understanding around mental health, resilience and recovery.